The Trafford Centre
Reigniting a northern powerhouse
The original vision for the Trafford Centre was for it to be a place of wonder, with the aim and mantra of being “Always Ahead”. But over recent years it was under invested in and it failed to keep up with the times, let alone stay ahead. However, in collaboration with Pradera Lateral we are focused on transforming the scheme into a nationally significant brand experience centre.
Once appointed by Pradera Lateral, BWP set to work by commissioning catchment research and competitive mapping to quantify the market opportunity for the scheme. This gave us a clear view of what we need to do and how we are going to do it.
Following that we mapped out requirements across brand, audience segmentation, marketing and PR strategy, data and digital strategy, leasing, events and experiential. Our approach aligns completely with the business plan and the objectives that need to be achieved for success, and results so far show things are clearly on track.
In the first 150 days we achieved the following –
- Commissioned research on catchment, audience profiling, spend, and category performance identifying opportunity across each dataset.
- New proposition, positioning, values and tone of voice.
- New visual identity inc. logos, colour palettes, typefaces and messaging, all now trademarked so IP is protected.
- Development of 3-year comms plan, marketing strategy and delivery plan for 2021 and 2022, as well as specific social media and PR strategies covering B2C and B2B.
- Full digital audit undertaken and 15-month strategy now in delivery phase, including launch on TikTok and rebrand of all owned digital assets.
- Two campaigns completed with event revenues exceeding marketing and event costs. Four more campaigns for 2021 developed and awaiting launch.
- Events programme secured for rest of 2021 and in advanced discussions for full year 2022.
- Development and implementation of a data and customer retention strategy.
- Development of full suite of leasing and commercialisation collateral.
- Development of ongoing research and econometrics strategic approach.
Our Latest Work
Our unique understanding of the industry, its challenges and its opportunities means we can get to work quickly to ensure results that continue to deliver.