Growing revenue through category specific experiential.
BWP was asked to develop a calendar of seasonal events for Intu Watford. Understanding the challenge to drive direct sales and ROI, BWP created a series of category-specific experiential events. Proven to deliver increased revenue for retailers, these events were subsequently rolled out across the Intu shopping centre portfolio. The national roll-out saw the events become increasingly integrated as BWP secured media partnerships with national titles such as Reveal magazine and embarked on large scale radio, OOH and press activity.
- Article title for Improving Performance
- Article title for Growing Revenue
- Article title for Increasing Traffic
- Article title for Maintaining Loyalty
BWP created a pop-up fashion event to help women find that ever-elusive perfect pair of jeans to match their body shape. Stylist booths were set-up across the Intu portfolio and retailers supplied the latest denim fashions for personal shoppers to talk customers through and help them define their perfect look.
The difficult ‘sequel’
Following the resounding success of Jean Genie, BWP was challenged to evolve the concept for Christmas and deliver equally amazing results. ‘Little Black Dress’ became the next category-specific instalment, identifying the party season as the time when women wanted to look their best.
The final instalment
The final evolution of BWP’s category-specific sales drivers, was Celebrity Beauty Box. This event offered customers a free 15 minute treatment from expert beauty therapists in the centre. Customers could choose one signature treatment based on some of the world’s hottest celebrities including Rihanna and Cheryl Cole.
Our trial event in Watford, which led to roll-out nationwide, saw a dramatic increase in denim sales for 200 participating retailers.
- 62% increase in footfall
- 202% increase in denim sales across the brands
- 94% of people who engaged with the event went on to buy the product
LBD was equally as compelling.
- £21,000 of sales on day one of the event in one location
- 65% of people said the event increased their dwell time
- 94% of people said they would go on to buy their stylist’s recommended dress
Celebrity Beauty Box also did what is said on the compact.
- 62% of people said they bought a beauty product because of the event
- 48% of people went to the centre purely to attend the event
- 61% YOY increase in footfall across all Intu centres during the week of the event