Social Media Executive
Salary: £22-24k depending on experience
We have tried writing really formal job summaries and descriptions but they look the same as every other company and quite frankly don't inspire anyone. So we're giving another approach a go.
We are BWP. This is our website. Pretty much everything we do is on here so its a good place to start if you are interested.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/millie-da-costa/ <---- this is Millie's personal profile. She leads our social team. She's very big into hiring people who will work with clients as if they are in-house, and manage their own time effectively.
We will never micro manage someone and believe in promoting talent internally. Therefore, everyone who works here currently has:
- Summer working hours. Get the work done and take what time off you can.
- Pick you own equipment. Have a brand new MacBook if you want it. We’ll draw the line at three extra screens for gaming.
- Annual training budget that's pretty unrestrictive if you can look us in the eye and justify it.
- 2-3 days a week working with our team based in Greater Manchester. The other days you can work where you like, even the moon if you can get wifi there.
- Company Bonus scheme. If you help us achieve our goals you will be rewarded, we believe in sharing the wealth.
We also provide in no particular order: extra birthday day’s holiday, annual all expenses paid trip away (really fun), regular socials, pension scheme, Friday early finishes, pay day lunches, childcare vouchers, volunteering days, employee assistance programmes – i.e. counselling access and probably more I haven’t remembered.
If you can think of anything else you want and you are the right candidate, feel free to pitch it to us.
What are we looking for from you?
Well, first of all can you actually work in social media? By this I mean your experience, qualifications and ambitions are built around creating & developing social content and ideas for brands.
Please don't apply because you have an Instagram account and you fancy having a crack at a role in Social Media. For our social media executives, we would be looking at someone who has demonstrable experience of producing, scheduling and/or delivering content for social media, either for your own personal brand or for a business brand/community. This may have been alongside, or part of, gaining a qualification.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a creative thinker, brimming with ideas on engaging content that drives the key KPIs. We really value people who think outside the box.
- Is able to write, create and ensure timely delivery of content & captions across different client platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok & LinkedIn) including running these through with the client in a timely manner.
- Can collaborate with our creative teams, content creators and external partners to create engaging multimedia content that delivers on KPIs and builds a strong presence on social media.
- Has a passion for social media and community management (that should be a given!) and keeps up to date with current social trends, reporting key insights to the wider team where relevant to client strategies. We want to create unique content and that means staying ahead of the curve and trying new things.
- Is comfortable in a client facing role. We expect people to build relationships and talk clients through what we’re doing in a clear, concise & friendly manner.
- Has a great attitude, a willingness to work hard and a thirst to learn, take direction and develop.
If you are still interested, please send your CV and portfolio / examples of relevant content you’ve previously created to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
First step is a practical, showing us your skills in creating social media content for a client of ours.
Second step will be a chat with Millie. If you wear a suit on the call, you will be eliminated.