Social Media Videographer & Content Creator
Salary: £22-25k depending on experience
Are you sick and tired of people calling themselves ‘Social Media Content Creators’ when all they really do is put their phone on selfie mode, switch on a ring light and strut around in front of the camera for likes? Or open Canva, select a template and edit? Or just follow instructions, point, and press.
That’s why the standards for our Content Creators are quite a bit higher.
So if you
- have professional videography, photography and editing experience (whether from a full-time job or from freelance work whilst studying for a relevant qualification)
- can command the room and manage a professional content shoot to deliver the agreed creative vision
- are looking to work for an agency who can get your content seen by thousands of people on social media every month
(If not, we suggest you look elsewhere.)
Company & philosophy
We are BWP. This is our website. Pretty much everything we do is on here so its a good place to start if you are interested.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/millie-da-costa/ <---- this is Millie. She leads our social media team. She's very big into hiring people who will work with clients as if they are in-house, and manage their own time effectively.
We will never micro-manage someone and believe in promoting talent internally. Therefore, everyone who works here currently has:
- Summer working hours. Get the work done and take what time off you can.
- Pick you own equipment. Have a brand new MacBook if you want it. We’ll draw the line at three extra screens for gaming.
- Annual training budget that's pretty unrestrictive if you can look us in the eye and justify it.
- 2-3 days a week working with our team in the Marlow office. The other days you can work where you like, even the moon if you can get wifi there.
- Company Bonus scheme. If you help us achieve our goals you will be rewarded, we believe in sharing the wealth.
The company also provides in no particular order: extra birthday day’s holiday, annual all expenses paid trip away (really fun), regular socials, pension scheme, Friday early finishes, pay day lunches, childcare vouchers, volunteering days, employee assistance programmes – i.e. counselling access and probably more I haven’t remembered.
If you can think of anything you want and you are the right candidate, feel free to pitch it to us.
What are we looking for from you?
Well, first of all can you actually create social media content with a camera? By this I mean your actual job is built around producing video and photo content.
Please don't apply because you have an Instagram account and you fancy having a crack at a role in Social Media. For our content creators we would be looking at 1+ years of video and photo production experience, ideally for an agency.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has exceptional video and photo skills and a portfolio that demonstrates both of these skills
- Is a creative thinker, brimming with ideas on engaging content that drives the key KPIs. We really value people who think outside the box.
- Is able to plan and ensure timely delivery of video and photo content across different client platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok & LinkedIn) including organising your own content shoots.
- Can collaborate with our creative teams and external partners to create engaging multimedia content that delivers on KPIs and builds a strong presence on social media.
- Has a passion in social media (that should be a given!) and keeps up to date with current social trends, reporting key insights to the wider team where relevant to client strategies. We want to create unique content and that means staying ahead of the curve and trying new things.
- Thrives in a client facing role. We expect people to build relationships and make social calendars and talk clients through what we’re doing in a clear, concise & friendly manner.
If you meet our ideal candidate criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV and portfolio / examples of relevant video & photo content you’ve previously created to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
First step is a practical, showing us your skills in creating social media content for a client of ours.
Second step will be a chat with me. If you wear a suit on the call, you will be eliminated.