Research and Insight Executive
Are you a naturally curious researcher with the ability to transform your findings into actionable insight from which recommendations can be made?
Are you looking for a role where you can apply your research, data analysis and critical thinking skills to develop meaningful insights that improve marketing performance?
Are you passionate about supporting marketers with insightful research and analysis that drives real business growth?
BWP, the award-winning integrated marketing agency are looking for a Research and Insight Executive to join us and do just that.
[Important note: we are not looking for data analysts or data scientists who come alive when digging into huge amounts of data. We’re looking for someone with an analytical mind who is equally at home analysing data as they are applying appropriate desk research techniques and who enjoy turning their findings into insight.]
About the role:
As a new role for the agency, you have some scope to make the role your own, but your key responsibilities will include:
- Doing desk research, competitor, and customer analysis to understand and potentially anticipate market trends for our clients.
- Analysing marketing campaign data and presenting your colleagues with insight that feeds into our clients’ marketing strategies.
- Helping to turn insight and analysis into relevant recommendations and suggestions for commercial growth.
- Working collaboratively with our client-facing teams to create regular and ad hoc client dashboards and reports.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with their monthly and quarterly board reports.
You’ll be responsible for gathering and collating both quantitative and qualitative data; identifying trends, patterns, and opportunities; and using this to draw insight and make recommendations.
As the only Research and Insight Executive within the agency, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring data accuracy, championing best practice within the agency, and identifying opportunities to improve our reporting processes and software systems.
As well as having 1-2 years’ experience in a similar insight analyst role, ideally in a marketing agency or department, our ideal candidate:
- Looks at research and data and is easily able to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities.
- Is able to articulate and present data and analysis in an easy-to-understand way that is most appropriate for the recipient.
- Is proficient in data gathering, data analysis and building dashboards.
- Has working knowledge of using Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics and other similar systems.
- Has advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (the phrases ‘pivot tables’ and ‘macros’ should have you jumping for joy, not reaching for the help button).
- Is numerate, analytical and results focused.
- Embodies our values - Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful .
- Can be office based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday).
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the standard benefits of a competitive salary (£24k), 25 days paid holiday and pension scheme, we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Bespoke Personal Development Plans – enabling you to develop yourself and this role
- Company wellbeing programme
- Thirsty Thursdays, monthly socials and a bangin’ Christmas Party arranged by our social committee
- A culture of appreciation, reward, and recognition with monthly and quarterly awards
- A company trip when we hit target
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received.
Unsuccessful applicants will be informed typically within a week of applying.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete a task to test your data analysis skills, techniques, and ability. Successfully pass that and you will have an interview on Teams with our Director of Brand, Growth and Strategy. Nail that interview and you’ll be invited into the office to meet a few more of the team you’ll be supporting. Wow them, and the job’s yours.