PR & Comms Account Manager
Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote and office-based 2 days a week (post-lockdown) in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Senior Account Director
BWP is seeking a PR & Comms Account Manager to join our dedicated PR department. You will be a pivotal part of the team working together to deliver effective PR strategies and campaigns that help our varied B2C and B2B client portfolio thrive.
You will be the engine of the team, driving forward client delivery and ensuring all committed timings and KPIs are met. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day execution of client accounts, drive the delivery of PR, influencer and social campaigns and participate in the creation of PR proposals for new and existing clients. You’ll be required to monitor and analyse campaign activity, reporting on results against KPIs, industry-relevant trends and competitor activity to ensure our work delivers the intended impact. You’ll work closely with the internal marketing, digital and creative teams to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of our corporate PR and social media.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with a proactive approach, ensuring that all account delivery is well-planned, delivered on time and to a high standard. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident liaising with media, clients and suppliers. You will be skilled experienced in all aspects of PR, activations, events, influencer marketing and social media to fulfil this role so previous experience of working in PR, either at an agency or in-house is essential.
- Process management, governance (admin/docs), accountability. This is the most important attribute of an account person and includes the ability to trust that no balls are dropped, deadlines are met and the quality of output is of a high standard.
- The ability to plan and mitigate potential issues before they occur. Day-to-day visibility and input into overall account planning and not limited to project deliverables.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with colleagues and clients, being personable, adaptable, polite but firm, being able to challenge without offending and showing respect for everyone you work with. A supportive mentor, one who listens and coaches junior members of staff to the right answer.
- Clear, considered written and verbal comms with media, clients, colleagues and suppliers. Ability to articulate thinking and pass on instructions and feedback accordingly. Presentation skills, ability to influence others and sell ideas and proposals.
- Understanding of finance terminology. Financial management, adherence to process and controls, job costing, supplier POs, profitability and time management and reporting. Identifying improvements and opportunities for growth.
- Understanding of requirements, highly polished and robust brief writing, ability to critique and feedback on work. Pro-active understanding of clients’ business and competitive market place, carrying out desk research. Facilitation of brainstorms/meetings.
- Being the key point of contact for the client, managing client expectations rather than agreeing to unrealistic requests. Managing up and down – the ability to work with different levels, personality types and ways of working. Consistent, but adaptable.
- Effective line management, leading by example and mentoring direct reports.
- Highly motivated and commercially driven self-starter with excellent time management skills to maximise profitability on all jobs
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to own, and be accountable for, the seamless project delivery for our clients
- A solid communicator, that leads by example and can confidently engage with people of all levels
- A champion of internal process, the ability to interrogate briefs and an appreciation that what you put in directly affects the end result
- An ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid experience in a PR agency or internal PR department – minimum of 3 years
- B2B and/or B2C PR experience in retail, consumer tech, fashion, interiors and lifestyle sectors
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in all areas of PR and communications
- Awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms
- Extremely literate PC skills
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Thursday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to tJo Moody. [email protected]