PR & Comms Account Executive
Salary: £18-23k+ depending on experience
We’re looking for a passionate PR-lover to be a pivotal part of our PR team (try saying that 3 times after a few summer cocktails!)
If you’re eager to learn more about your craft in an environment that allows you to apply your learnings across a range of industries and clients, this could be the role for you.
Purpose of the role:
To work together with the wider PR team to deliver effective PR and communication strategies that drive brand awareness and communicate our clients’ key messages.
About the role:
Campaign delivery - providing Account Managers and Account Directors with the day-to-day support and administration they need to drive forward campaign delivery including:
- Media sell-in – you’re building an enviable little black book of media contacts
- Copywriting – press releases, blogs, opinion pieces, social content
- Desk research – identifying new trends or suppliers to work with
- Blogger / vlogger / influencer outreach
- Actively participating in brainstorms and meetings
- Reporting – attending status calls, writing status reports, drafting monthly reports, saving, and evaluating all coverage
- Financial management - working with the Finance Assistant on budgeting, invoicing, and billing for your clients
- Maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Managing client expectations (directly or through your Account Manager) rather than agreeing to unrealistic requests.
- Building and maintaining healthy client relationships primarily via face-to-face meetings and telephone calls with email being used only as support and back-up communication methods
We're looking for someone with 6-12 months of demonstrable experience in a PR agency or PR-related role – be it from a paid role, an internship, or even work experience placements– who is eager to learn more about the craft of PR and Communications.
We're looking for someone who:
- knows what makes news and is able to wield the many tools in a PR’s belt
- possesses the journalistic skills required to tell a story in infinite, compelling ways
- has strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and can quickly, easily and confidently build strong working relationships with the media, clients and suppliers
- has a great attitude and a willingness to work hard, take direction, and develop
- embodies our values - Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful
- can be office-based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday) and remote the other days.
As well as the standard benefits of 25 days paid holiday and pension scheme, we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Company wellbeing programme – employee wellbeing is high on our agenda.
- Thirsty Thursdays, monthly socials and bangin’ Christmas Party arranged by our social committee – we like to work hard and play hard.
- A culture of appreciation, reward and recognition – with monthly and quarterly awards.
- A company trip when we hit target!
Don't just take our word for it:
We asked our recently promoted Senior Account Executive, Callum to lift the lid on what his journey has been like since becoming a Groupie and everything you can expect when joining BWP.
Read what he had to say here: https://bwpgroup.com/blog/one-year-on.-with-callum-jenkinson/
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. Our diverse team of marketing specialists provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
Applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.