PR & Comms Account Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £30k + dependent on experience (pro-rata)
We’re looking for a PR Account Manager with experience in both B2B and B2C sectors to join our dedicated PR department covering a period of maternity leave. This 9-12 month fixed term contract will start mid-April 2022 to allow for a handover period before maternity leave starts.
Our dedicated PR team works together to deliver effective PR, influencer and social campaigns that help our varied client roster thrive. As an Account Manager, you will assume overall responsibility for the development and implementation of specific campaigns for your clients, whilst supporting your line manager on larger campaigns.
Our hybrid working approach means we’re looking for someone who can be office based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) and remote the other days.
About the role:
Our AMs manage the implementation of creative and effective PR and communication strategies that drive brand awareness and communicate our client’s key messages. They have responsibility for:
- Working with the Account Director and wider creative team to develop and implement effective PR and communication strategies.
- Managing day-to-day delivery of account work to include media sell-in, copy-writing, client liaison and reporting (leading status calls, checking status reports, monthly reports and ensuring the team has saved down and evaluated all coverage).
- Maintaining regular contact with your clients, acting as the main point of contact.
- Budgeting and profitability of specific campaigns.
- Checking performance against specific campaign KPIs and coverage targets as well as motivating the team to achieve theirs.
- Campaign debrief processes, delivering meaningful reports that demonstrate ROI and future recommendations and sharing these with the wider team to ensure cross-departmental learnings.
- Facilitation of internal brainstorms and client meetings.
- Daily line management of Account Executives and working with the AD to drive competency.
- Actively participating in new business development. Helping to generate proposals, identifying successful campaigns, leading the team to create creds documents and presenting at pitches.
As well as having 3+ years’ experience in a similar PR agency or internal PR department, our ideal candidate requirements are:
- Demonstrable experience of both B2B and B2C PR ideally in the retail, fashion, lifestyle and/or commercial property sectors
- An innate sense of what makes news. A strong understanding of the media and comms landscape.
- Able to expertly wield the many tools in a PR’s belt – media relations, copy-writing (press releases, blogs, opinion pieces, social), crisis comms, B2B, blogger/vlogger/influencer outreach. As well as possessing an enviable little black book of media contacts.
- A pro-active approach. We’re looking for someone to suggest new and innovative ways to reach the audience through PR and comms, not just respond to briefs.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to critique and feedback on work and delegate effectively.
- Strong understanding of all agency financial controls/processes.
- A voracious learner, carrying out desk research and identifying new trends or suppliers to work with.
- Someone who leads by example and is able to inspire and manage junior members of the team to excellence.
As well as the standard benefits you’d expect – 25 days paid holiday, pension scheme and a Christmas party - we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Company wellbeing programme – employee wellbeing is high on our agenda.
- Thirsty Thursdays and monthly socials arranged by our social committee - we like to work hard and play hard.
- A culture of appreciation, reward and recognition – with monthly and quarterly awards.
- Recommend a friend and New Business Incentive programmes.
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
Applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.