PR & Comms Account Director
Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote and office-based 3 days a week in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Head of PR & Comms
BWP is seeking a PR & Comms Account Director to join our dedicated PR department. Your purpose will be to lead your team and your clients, first ensuring that we get the basics right and then encouraging them to push the boundaries, do different and produce better work/results. Growing accounts and winning new ones by identifying opportunities and converting business.
You will be leading a team, driving forward client delivery, and ensuring all committed timings and KPIs are met. You will take responsibility to ensure your team is delivering day-to-day execution of client accounts, manage the delivery of PR, influencer and social campaigns and lead the creation of PR proposals for new and existing clients. You’ll be required to monitor and analyse campaign activity, reporting on results against KPIs, industry-relevant trends and competitor activity to ensure our work delivers the intended impact. You’ll work closely with the internal marketing , digital and creative teams to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of our corporate PR and social media.
The ideal candidate will take ultimate accountability of their team, work, accounts and client relationships. Self-motivated, ensuring delivery for clients, taking responsibility for the team, and meeting senior management deadlines. The ability to plan and mitigate potential issues before they occur, escalating any major issues to the Head of PR & Comms, along with recommended solutions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients, adapting approach to suit the audience. Being approachable and showing respect for everyone you work with through clarity of instruction and expectation setting.
- Clear, considered written and verbal comms with clients, colleagues and Senior Management Team.
- Ability to articulate thinking and pass on requests and feedback accordingly.
- Presentation skills, ability to influence others and sell ideas and proposals.
- Forecasting, budgeting, account growth. Opportunity spotting for agency/client. Industry benchmarking. Financial management and reporting, including account plans and profitability.
- Identifying improvements and opportunities for growth.
- Business acumen and market knowledge across agency landscape and client sectors. Interrogation of client requirements thought leadership and proactive proposals to grow accounts and client business.
- Effective team management, leading by example and mentoring.
- Highly motivated and commercially driven self-starter with excellent team management and client communication skills.
- Ability to own, and fully manage and grow clients with team
- A solid communicator, that leads by example and can confidently engage with people of all levels
- An ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid experience in a PR agency or internal PR department – minimum of 5 years
- B2B and B2C PR experience in retail, consumer tech, fashion, interiors and lifestyle sectors
- Awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms
- Extremely literate PC skills
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Thursday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to Nicola Goodman, Head of PR & Comms.[email protected]