PR & Comms Account Director
Salary: £40k + (dependent on experience)
Due to continued business growth, we’re looking to add an experienced Account Director to our dedicated PR department.
Our dedicated PR team works together to deliver effective PR, influencer and social campaigns that help our varied client roster thrive. As an Account Director, you will take responsibility for ensuring your team is delivering day-to-day execution of client accounts; managing the delivery of campaigns; and leading the creation of PR proposals for new and existing clients.
Our hybrid working approach means we’re looking for someone who can be office based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) and remote the other days.
About the role:
Our ADs take ultimate accountability of their team, work, accounts and client relationships and have responsibility for:
- Leading your team and your clients. First ensuring that we get the basics right and then encouraging them to push the boundaries, do different and produce better work/results.
- Driving forward client delivery and ensuring all committed timings and KPIs are met.
- Working closely with the internal marketing, digital and creative teams to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of our corporate PR and social media.
- Interrogation of client requirements, thought leadership and proactive proposals to grow accounts and client business.
- Planning and mitigating potential issues before they occur, escalating any major issues to the Head of PR & Comms, along with recommended solutions.
- Growing accounts and winning new ones by identifying improvements and opportunities for growth and converting business.
- Monitoring and analysing campaign activity, reporting on results against KPIs, industry-relevant trends and competitor activity to ensure our work delivers the intended impact.
- Forecasting, budgeting, account growth. Opportunity spotting for agency/client. Industry benchmarking. Financial management and reporting, including account plans and profitability.
- Meeting senior management deadlines.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and clients, adapting approach to suit the audience. Being approachable and showing respect for everyone you work with through clarity of instruction and expectation setting.
As well as having 5+ years’ experience in a similar PR agency or internal PR department role, our ideal candidate requirements are:
- B2B and B2C PR experience in the retail, consumer tech, fashion, interiors and/or lifestyle sectors
- A highly motivated, proactive and commercially driven self-starter able to maximise profitability on all jobs.
- A solid communicator, both written and verbal. Able to confidently engage with clients, colleagues and Senior Management Team.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time and to a high standard.
- Able to work well under pressure – you’ll be coming into a busy role and we have no plans to slow down.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence others and sell ideas and proposals.
- Able to articulate thinking and pass on instructions and feedback accordingly.
- An experienced team leader. Someone who leads by example and acts as a supportive mentor to other members of the team
- Business acumen, market knowledge across agency landscape and client sectors and an awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms
As well as the standard benefits you’d expect – 25 days paid holiday, pension scheme and a Christmas party - we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Company wellbeing programme – employee wellbeing is high on our agenda.
- Thirsty Thursdays and monthly socials arranged by our social committee - we like to work hard and play hard.
- A culture of appreciation, reward and recognition – with monthly and quarterly awards.
- Recommend a friend and New Business Incentive programmes.
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.