Salary: £32-35k dependent on experience
Want to get your designs seen by millions of people every day? Design for brands your entire family have heard of? And do so in a collaborative environment with colleagues who are just as skilled and passionate?
We hear you.
Due to continued business growth we’re looking to add an experienced Midweight Digital Designer to our Studio team.
What is BWP and why should I work for the agency?
BWP is an award-winning, Marlow-based, integrated creative marketing agency that delivers brand communication strategies and campaigns that focus on growing the retail and property businesses we work with.
All our employees enjoy the standard benefits you’d expect - a competitive salary (in this case £32-35k); 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday; and a pension scheme. Plus, we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Bespoke Personal Development Plans – enabling you to develop yourself and this role.
- Company wellbeing programme including a free counselling service as needed.
- Thirsty Thursdays, payday lunches, monthly socials and a bangin’ Christmas Party arranged by our social committee.
- A culture of appreciation, reward, and recognition with monthly and quarterly awards and celebrations.
- An overseas company conference/team building/wellness trip when we hit target – last year we went to Rome, this year it was Barcelona! (Read all about it here - https://bwpgroup.com/blog/unveiling-the-power-of-connection-our-barcelona-company-conference-and-wellness-retreat/)
What does a Midweight Designer at BWP do?
As a Midweight Digital Designer, you will be supporting the Design Director and/or Senior Designer to take the design project through from conception to delivery. You will have responsibility for:
- Producing well designed, impactful, and thought-provoking creative solutions for our clients.
- Taking client briefs; interpreting, questioning, and following them; then delivering creatives that accurately and precisely deliver the requirements.
- Interpreting and implementing the creative vision across a broad range of projects ranging from digital, social and motion to print.
- Delivering work that is original, creative, ‘clever’ and executed to the highest standard.
- Amending designs according to feedback from both internal teams and the client themselves
What do I need to showcase in my CV to stand out?
As well as having 3+ years’ experience in an agency or internal studio team, our ideal candidate is/has:
- A multi-skilled designer with experience across a range of disciplines – online & offline, static & moving image and branding – and an understanding of how print and pixel can work together
- A strong design background and is comfortable (and enjoys) applying it to both digital and print related projects.
- In-depth working knowledge of key design packages, designing for UI & UX, animation and artworking.
- Full of fresh ideas. Comfortable suggesting new and innovative creative ideas, not just responding to briefs.
- Collaborative. Enjoys working effectively and co-operatively with others, genuinely valuing others’ input and experience, and able to build upon their ideas and are willing to learn from them.
- A prioritisation pro. Can correctly judge and juggle priorities across several areas of the business. Experienced in managing multiple deadlines simultaneously and delivering quality work under pressure.
- Willing to learn, change and grow through experience, feedback, exposure, success and failures.
- A design sponge. Aware of the latest trends and absorbs everything that’s new in the creative world and further afield. Up to date with the latest technologies, creates learning opportunities to keep current in your field or area of expertise and use newly gained knowledge and skills on the job to learn through its application..
We are looking for someone who:
- Embodies our values – Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful
- Can be office-based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates their experience of designing for multiple digital and traditional media.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV and portfolio of relevant content you’ve previously created to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
The next stage of the application process will be a practical task, showing us your skills. Those who impress us with their work will be invited to an interview with the hiring managers.
Please note, we’re aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received. We typically respond to all applicants within a week of applying.