Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote and office-based 1-2 days a week (post-lockdown) in Marlow
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Design Director / Head of Creative
BWP is seeking a Mid-Weight designer to join its creative studio. You will be a pivotal part of the team working together to deliver effective, creative and design-led solutions for our wide variety of B2C and B2B client campaigns and projects.
Purpose of the role
Required to produce well designed, impactful and thought provoking creative solutions for our clients' across multiple digital and traditional medias. To create work across a wide variety of disciplines, including digital, social, branding, packaging, books and magazines, advertising, experiential, exhibitions and displays.
Interrogating and understanding client briefs and project requirements (taking a 'brief'). Initialising and developing design concepts that fit the client's needs. Presenting options for design treatments. Working to a deadline and budget. Amending designs according to the clients' final comments. Proofreading and preparing designs ready for use.
We’re looking for people with dedication, personality and intelligence:
- Dedication: Ability to manage own time productively to ensure completion of tasks, in an appropriate and efficient way. Ability to escalate appropriately when needed. Is able to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Personality: Good communication skills, verbal and written work to be of a high standard. Listening skills, how to learn and receive advice from those around them. Able to correctly judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity.
- Intelligence: Creates learning opportunities to keep current in his/her field or area of expertise. Up to date with latest technologies/trends. Uses newly gained knowledge and skills on the job and learns through its application. Demonstrates the ability to learn, change, and grow from experience, feedback, exposure, successes and failures.
The right person will understand that attention to detail is paramount. Actively contributes to inspiring, delivering and generating great ideas. Can build upon the ideas of others. Keeps up to date on new trends and products. An in-depth knowledge of various design packages and ability to produce good work in tight deadlines is also required.
- Works collaboratively with the rest of the creative and project teams
- Ready to anticipate and support the activities of other members of the team
- Values others' input and expertise and is willing to learn from others
- Works effectively and co-operatively with others. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships
- Identifies opportunities and takes action to build collaboration between his/her area and other areas to help achieve business goals.
- A good working knowledge of the core Adobe Creative Suite to include: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, XD and PPT
- Practical knowledge of After Effects and Premier Pro for video editing and animation would be beneficial but not essential
- Attention to detail is paramount and must have artworking knowledge and the ability to see a project through from start to finish.
Experience wise, we’re not interested how long you’ve be doing this type of work, we’re interested in how well you’ve been doing it. We’re as interested in your potential as we are your experience, however… the following would be a benefit:
- Experience working within a studio, and a creative team
- Experience with interpreting and following briefs, questioning and executing instructions, timely with accuracy and precision.
Being on the forefront of digital trends and being digitally savvy. This means:
- You are active across the latest social media channels.
- You understand the user journey for those social media channels.
- You understand how print and pixel can work together.
- You’re not scared of change.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Friday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to our Head of Creative, [email protected]