Marketing Account Executive
Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote working and office-based 1-2 days a week (post-lockdown) in Marlow
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Account Manager
BWP is seeking a Marketing Account Executive to join our dedicated client services team. You will be a pivotal part of the team working together to deliver effective marketing strategies and campaigns that help our varied client roster thrive.
You be an important link in the chain between your team, the wider agency, suppliers and clients, in order to help support and produce great work. You'll be the backbone of the team responsible for the day-to-day administration of client accounts and assist in the delivery of best-practice marketing. You’ll be required to monitor and analyse campaign activity, reporting on results against KPIs, industry-relevant trends and competitor activity to ensure our work delivers the intended impact. You’ll work closely with the internal marketing and creative teams to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of our campaigns and communication.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with a proactive approach, ensuring that all account admin is well-planned, delivered on time and to a high standard. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident liaising with media, clients and suppliers. Previous experience of working in marketing, either agency or in-house, paid or unpaid, is preferred but not essential; we’re as interested in your potential as we are your experience.
- Process management, governance (admin/docs), accountability. This is the most important attribute of an account person and includes the ability to trust that no balls are dropped, deadlines are met, and the quality of output is of a high standard. The ability to plan ahead and mitigate potential issues before they occur.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with colleagues and clients, being personable, adaptable, polite but firm, being able to challenge without offending and showing respect for everyone you work with.
- Clear, considered written and verbal comms with clients, colleagues and suppliers. Ability to articulate thinking and pass on instructions and feedback accordingly.
- Understanding of finance terminology. Financial management, adherence to process and controls, job costing, supplier POs, profitability and time management and reporting. Identifying improvements and opportunities for growth.
- Understanding of requirements, high standard of brief writing, ability to critique and feedback on work. Understanding of clients’ business and competitive market place, carrying out desk research. Participation in brainstorms/meetings.
- Managing client expectations (directly or through your Account Manager/ Director) rather than agreeing to unrealistic requests. Managing up and down – the ability to work with different levels, personality types and ways of working. Consistent, but adaptable.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and proactivity
- First rate communication skills with a confident telephone manner and ability to build internal and external relationships
- An ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and a safe pair of hands
- Prior experience in a marketing agency environment is desirable
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in all areas of marketing
- Awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms
- Extremely literate PC skills
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Thursday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to our Business Director, [email protected]