Lead Digital Strategist
Salary: £48k+ depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced digital strategist with bags of insight, experience, and ideas to strengthen our cross-channel offering and turbo-charge our current growth and expansion.
Purpose of the role:
To assume overall responsibility for guiding and shaping the future direction of our in-house digital offering as well as growing and developing our digital team and capabilities
About the role:
As a newly created role, you have some scope to make the job your own, but you will have responsibility for:
- Working closely with internal departments and other key stakeholders to develop and implement effective digital strategies, ensuring that we are always using the right channel for the right objective and that digital integrates with the other, non-digital, comms channels being used.
- Actively participating in client projects. Managing project timelines, defining audiences and channels, ensuring relevant data and targeting are being used and managing budgets/splits.
- Advising on content strategy, video production and other social and digital approaches to best meet objectives.
- Sourcing and managing consultants, specialists, and agencies, ensuring the commercial objective is always front of mind and the right KPIs are being tracked and reported on.
- Keeping up to date with new digital technologies and innovations, and looking for beta opportunities in development, to shape and inform our service offering and future-proof our client delivery.
- Up-skilling our teams, advising on training needs and supporting the learning and development activity.
- Actively participating in new business development. Helping to develop business cases for digital initiatives and supporting the Senior Management Team in identifying opportunities.
As well as having a demonstrable strategic understanding of the role that digital channels play in the wider marketing mix, our ideal candidate:
- Has experience in a similar digital strategist role, ideally in an integrated or digital marketing agency
- Has a broad general knowledge across all digital disciplines including what content works best across social channels, the paid channel mix, SEO (as a fee-based discipline), affiliate marketing and e-commerce, livestream social shopping, influencer and social
- Is aware of the latest trends and emerging opportunities in digital, both for the retail sector and further afield. Is up to date with the latest technologies, creates learning opportunities to keep current in your field and uses newly gained knowledge and skills on the job to learn through its application.
- Leads by example and can inspire and manage junior members of the team to excellence. Is passionate about what you do and enjoys sharing this passion and knowledge with others.
- Embodies our values - Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful
- Can be office based in Marlow three days a week (to include Monday and Thursday) and remote the other two days.
In addition to the standard benefits you’d expect – 25 days paid holiday, pension scheme and a Christmas party - we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Company wellbeing programme – employee wellbeing is high on our agenda.
- Thirsty Thursdays and monthly socials arranged by our social committee - we like to work hard and play hard.
- A culture of appreciation, reward and recognition – with monthly and quarterly awards.
- Recommend a friend and New Business Incentive programmes.
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. Our diverse team of marketing specialists provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
Applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.