Junior Marketing Analyst
Successful commercial decisions rely on gathering the right data, turning that data into accurate insight, and using this insight to guide change.
And to do all this requires having the right analytical brains, skills, and people in place to drive it.
Could you be the analyst our Director of Brand, Growth and Strategy is looking for to support him as he grows both our clients and our agency?
About the role:
As a new role for the agency, you have some scope to make the role your own, but your key tasks will include:
- Assisting our Director of Brand, Growth and Strategy with desk research, competitor, and customer analysis that feeds into both our clients’ strategies and our own agency growth strategy.
- Working collaboratively with our client-facing teams to create regular and ad hoc client dashboards and reports.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with their monthly and quarterly board reports.
You’ll be responsible for gathering and collating both quantitative and qualitative data; consolidating this data and presenting it in an easy-to-understand way; and using this data to draw insight and make recommendations.
As the only analyst within the agency, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring data accuracy, championing best practice within the agency, and identifying opportunities to improve our reporting processes and software systems.
As well as having 1-2 years’ experience in a similar analyst role, ideally in a marketing agency or department, our ideal candidate:
- Has strong working knowledge of using Power BI, Tableau, Google Analytics and other similar systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (the phrases ‘pivot tables’ and ‘macros’ should have you jumping for joy, not reaching for the help button).
- Is numerate, analytical and results focused.
- Is proficient in data gathering, data analysis and building dashboards.
- Looks at bodies of data and is easily able to generate insight about trends, performance and behaviour.
- Is able to articulate and present data and analysis in an easy-to-understand way that is most appropriate for the recipient.
- Can help turn insight and analysis into relevant recommendations and suggestions for commercial growth.
- Embodies our values - Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful .
- Can be office based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday).
What we offer in return:
As well as the standard benefits of a competitive salary (£24k), 25 days paid holiday and pension scheme, we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Bespoke Personal Development Plans – enabling you to develop yourself and this role
- Company wellbeing programme
- Thirsty Thursdays, monthly socials and a bangin’ Christmas Party arranged by our social committee
- A culture of appreciation, reward, and recognition with monthly and quarterly awards
- A company trip when we hit target – we’ve just come back from this year’s trip to Barcelona!
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received.
Unsuccessful applicants will be informed typically within a week of applying.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete a task to test your data analysis skills, techniques, and ability. Successfully pass that and you will have an interview on Teams with a Director. Nail that interview and you’ll be invited into the office to meet a few more of the team you’ll be supporting. Wow them, and the job’s yours.