Head of Social (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £50-70k depending on experience
Are you an experienced senior social media professional looking for a new challenge? The opportunity to drive the social media output for some exciting retail brands? The chance to inspire and work alongside a team of social specialists, PR pros, experiential experts, marketing maestros, creative geniuses, and all round lovely human beings?
We are looking for an exciting talent to keep our Head of Social’s seat warm while she goes on maternity leave. Someone who can lead our team, inspire our clients, and drive our success.
If you think you’re up to the task, read on…
Company & philosophy
We are BWP. This is our website. Pretty much everything we do is on here so its a good place to start if you are interested.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonny-whitehead-1380831a3/ <---- I’m Jonny and this is my personal profile. This role will act as my number 2 so it’s vital that we get on, work well together and push each other to achieve success. I’m very big into hiring people who will work with clients as if they are in-house and manage their own time effectively.
We will never micro manage someone and believe in promoting talent internally. Therefore, everyone who works here currently has:
- Summer working hours. Get the work done and take what time off you can.
- Pick you own equipment. Have a brand new MacBook if you want it. We’ll draw the line at three extra screens for gaming.
- Annual training budget that's pretty unrestrictive if you can look us in the eye and justify it.
- 2-3 days a week working with our team based in Greater Manchester. The other days you can work where you like, even the moon if you can get Wi-Fi there.
- Company Bonus scheme. If you help us achieve our goals you will be rewarded, we believe in sharing the wealth.
We also provide in no particular order: extra birthday day’s holiday, annual all expenses paid trip away (really fun), regular socials, pension scheme, Friday early finishes, pay day lunches, childcare vouchers, volunteering days, employee assistance programmes – i.e. counselling access and probably more I haven’t remembered.
If you can think of anything else you want and you are the right candidate feel free to pitch it to us.
What are we looking for from you?
Our Head of Social has two main areas of focus:
- Leading and developing the social and content teams (11 people in total). Taking ultimate accountability of your team, work, accounts, and client relationships.
- Big picture thinking and creative strategy. Finding ways to expand and improve our social offering, optimise the way we do things, grow client accounts and win new business.
For this senior role, we are looking at someone who has 8+ years demonstrable experience of using social media to drive brand awareness and communicate clients’ key messages. Ideally, this will have been at a similarly sized and/or paced creative marketing agency.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives working in an agency environment and collaborating with wider marketing and PR teams to deliver cross-channel campaigns.
- Inspires both our clients and colleagues with fresh thinking, boundary pushing and elevating social campaigns to the next level.
- Understands how to lead both social and creative teams to develop and implement effective social strategies; keeping them focused on delivering creative, effective and profitable social campaigns and acting as their point of elevation for day-to-day issues.
- Can drive the growth of the social department, looking for opportunities to surpass expectations and add value to all the agency’s clients through social.
- Keeps up to date with current social trends. We want to create unique social content, campaigns and strategies and that means staying ahead of the curve and trying new things.
- Is available to start from early December to allow maximum handover time.
If you are still interested, please send your CV and portfolio / examples of relevant video & photo content you’ve previously created to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
First step will be a Teams chat with our current Head of Social exploring your ability to lead and develop the team. If you wear a suit on the call, you will be eliminated.
Final step will be an in-person interview and presentation to our Head of Social and Digital Director – me! – exploring your big picture thinking. Wow us and the job’s yours.