Experiential Senior Account Manager
Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote and office-based 3 days a week (post-lockdown) in Marlow
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Senior Account Director (Experiential)
BWP is seeking an Experiential Senior Account Manager to join our dedicated Experiential department. Your purpose will be to work closely within the creative team to develop and produce experiential marketing activations that help our varied client roster thrive.
You will work to support the Account Director find new ways to engage the target audience through experience, bringing fresh ideas and insights to the role. You will use your strong understanding of financial processes to support the Account Director to help drive profitability of all campaigns to include briefing suppliers, negotiating terms and costs, quoting and researching. This includes ensuring continued expertise by researching, meeting and building a database of potential new suppliers.
You will display a willingness to assume responsibility for logistical management to include research, purchasing, booking and all associated admin to include RAMS and client and supplier briefs leading a team, driving forward client delivery, and ensuring all committed timings and KPIs are met.
As part of the role you will be responsible for daily line management of account executives and working with the Account Director to drive competency. Ability to critique and feedback on work and delegate effectively. Escalating any major issues upwards but with a recommended solution.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with a proactive approach, ensuring that all account admin is well-planned, delivered on time and to a high standard. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident liaising with clients and suppliers. A passion for experiential marketing and delivering great campaigns is essential.
- Process management, governance (admin/docs), accountability. This is the most important attribute of an account person and includes the ability to trust that no balls are dropped, deadlines are met and the quality of output is of a high standard.
- The ability to plan and mitigate potential issues before they occur. Greater visibility and input into overall account planning and not limited to project deliverables.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with colleagues and clients, being personable, adaptable, polite but firm, being able to challenge without offending and showing respect for everyone you work with. A supportive mentor, one who listens and coaches junior members of staff to the right answer.
- Clear, considered written and verbal comms with clients, colleagues and suppliers. Phone or face-to-face approach first, email second. Ability to articulate thinking and pass on instructions and feedback accordingly. Presentation skills, ability to influence others and sell ideas and proposals.
- Understanding of finance terminology. Financial management, adherence to process and controls, job costing, supplier POs, profitability and time management and reporting. Identifying improvements and opportunities for growth.
- Understanding of requirements, highly polished and robust brief writing, ability to critique and feedback on work. Pro-active understanding of clients’ business and competitive market place, carrying out desk research. Facilitation of brainstorms/meetings.
- Being the key point of contact for the client, managing client expectations rather than agreeing to unrealistic requests. Managing up and down – the ability to work with different levels, personality types and ways of working. Consistent, but adaptable.
- Effective line management, leading by example and mentoring direct reports.
- Highly motivated and commercially driven self-starter with excellent time management skills to maximise profitability on all jobs
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to own, and be accountable for, the seamless project delivery for our clients
- A solid communicator, that leads by example and can confidently engage with people of all levels
- A champion of internal process, the ability to interrogate briefs and an appreciation that what you put in directly affects the end result
- An ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid experience in a marketing agency or internal marketing department
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in all areas of marketing
- Awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms
- Extremely literate PC skills
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Thursday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to Hannah Jones, Senior Account Director (Experiential). [email protected]