Start date: Immediate
Location: Flexible working - a mix of remote and office-based 1-2 days a week (post-lockdown) in Marlow
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Design Director / Head of Creative
BWP is seeking a creative artworker to join the studio. You will be a pivotal part of the team helping to deliver effective, creative and design-led solutions for our wide variety of B2C and B2B client campaigns and projects.
Purpose of the role
Required to create or amend artwork files in line with client brand guidelines or supplied design directions, and ensure their integrity for final print and digital applications. The primary function of this role is to amend existing artwork files or to take templates or designs created by the designers and turn them into workable artwork files ready for final production.
The work may involve retouching, reworking designs, customising typography, colour balancing, resizing documents and eliminating any inconsistencies. You'll have a great eye for detail and will be able to spot potential problems with designs.
- Liaising with Designers / Account Managers and Workflow Controllers on appropriate aspects of the artwork production
- Liaising confidently with external suppliers and printers if applicable
- Advising others on the most cost-effective and suitable production processes
- Ensuring all work meets the correct specifications for the relevant media.
We’re looking for people with dedication, personality and intelligence:
- Dedication: passionate, strong work ethic, take responsibility, delivery mentality, self starter, consistent, hungry, committed.
- Personality: positive, team player, quick to get along, fun, warm, engaging, relational, personal conviction, dreams, goals, sense of adventure, self assured.
- Intelligence: problem solving, proactive, keen to learn, quick to listen, thoughtful, analytical, inquisitive, expertise.
The right person will understand that attention to detail is paramount and be able to work within any clients brand guidelines, to supplied templates and with excellent digital and print production knowledge. An in-depth knowledge of various Adobe Creative Suite packages and the ability to produce good work in tight deadlines is essential.
Excellent working knowledge of main design / pre-press software packages (Adobe Creative Suite - In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator - PDF Generation - Distiller, Microsoft office suite and PPT).
- Extensive knowledge of digital and social media production techniques and the artwork file formats needed to achieve these.
- Extensive knowledge of print production techniques and the artwork file formats needed to achieve these.
- Good typesetting and proof reading skills.
- Strong level of IT literacy.
- Practical knowledge of After Effects and Premier Pro for video editing and animation would be beneficial but not essential.
Experience wise, we’re not interested in how long you’ve be doing this type of work, we’re interested in how well you’ve been doing it. We’re as interested in your potential as we are your experience.
- Experience working within a studio, and a creative team.
- Experience with interpreting and following briefs, questioning and executing instructions, timely with accuracy and precision.
Being on the forefront of digital trends and being digitally savvy. This means:
- You are active across the latest social media channels.
- You understand the user journey for those social media channels.
- You understand how print and pixel can work together.
- You’re not scared of change.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Birthday day off
- Flexi start time
- Bonus scheme
- Friday drinks
- Frequent social events – even virtual
- Christmas party
- Summer social
- Closed at Christmas
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. We provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a covering letter and CV to our Head of Creative [email protected]