Business Director (Retail/Leisure/Property Marketing)
Salary: Depending on experience
Due to internal promotions, we’re looking for a Business Director to lead and grow our retail-focused accounts. If you are:
- a strategic marketer who is as comfortable knee-deep in data as you are in a creative brainstorm;
- fanatical about, and experienced in, the retail, leisure, and property industry;
- looking for an opportunity to drive the growth of some of the best retail destinations in Europe
… then this could be the role for you
About the role:
Our BDs have two main areas of focus:
- Leading our Client Services teams, encouraging them to push the boundaries and produce better work and results.
- Growing accounts and winning new ones by identifying opportunities and converting business.
You have responsibility for:
- Leading your account team to deliver work/results – taking ultimate accountability of your team, work, accounts, and client relationships.
- Relationship building – developing and maintaining strong personal relationships with senior client stakeholders so BWP is seen as a valued and respected member of their extended marketing team.
- Attending and presenting at client board meetings and understanding the bigger client picture.
- Growing your clients – identifying additional opportunities to grow margin and standing; selling in new projects and ideas to clients with passion and enthusiasm; working with Associate Director(s) and Senior Account Director(s) to drive account growth.
- Developing your team – acting as a mentor and teacher to the team, leading by example and facilitating personal development of staff through guidance and training.
- New client acquisition – developing new business opportunities, creating new business proposals and running the pitch process.
- Growing the agency – identifying additional opportunities for the agency to grow and adding value to the day-to-day running of the agency by driving the development of internal policies and processes.
Here are our must have’s:
- 15+ years’ experience in a similar marketing agency role – this keeps you in line with the progression paths we have in our Client Services department.
- Retail, leisure, and property marketing experience – we need someone who knows as much as, if not more, about our clients’ industry as our clients do.
- A multi-skilled marketer with demonstrable experience across the entire marketing mix – we’re talking ATL, BTL, TTL, Online and Offline. Our Client Services department is full of hands-on marketers and we need our BDs to possess these skills too in order to coach and lead them.
Can be office-based in Marlow three days a week (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday) and willing and able to travel to our UK and European clients as and when required.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to quickly and easily build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues of all levels and develop trust and confidence from everyone you work with.
- Able to lead a meeting, command the attention of a room and talk with authority at a senior level.
- A data lover. Able to spot insight in analysis, shape strategy and identify opportunities for growth accordingly.
- An experienced team leader. Who leads by example and acts as a supportive mentor to other members of the team, who inspires other people across the agency and outwardly demonstrates BWP’s values (Brave, Human, Passionate & Impactful).
- Commercially minded with market knowledge across the agency landscape and retail/leisure/property sectors.
What we offer in return:
As well as the standard benefits of 25 days paid holiday and pension scheme, we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Bespoke Personal Development Plans – enabling you to develop yourself and this role
- Company wellbeing programme
- Thirsty Thursdays, monthly socials and a bangin’ Christmas Party arranged by our social committee
- A culture of appreciation, reward, and recognition with monthly and quarterly awards
- A company trip when we hit target – this year we’re heading to Barcelona!
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.