Client Services Account Manager
Salary: £28k+ (dependent on experience)
Due to continued business growth, we’re looking to add an experienced Account Manager to our Client Services team.
Our dedicated client services team works together to deliver effective marketing strategies and campaigns that help our varied client roster thrive. As an Account Manager, you will own, and be accountable for, seamless project delivery for our clients; ensuring we are seen as a crucial partner, not just a supplier.
Our hybrid working approach means we’re looking for someone who can be office based in Marlow three days a week (to include Monday and Thursday) and remote the other days.
About the role:
Our Account Managers are a pivotal part of our client services team and have responsibility for:
- Driving forward campaign delivery and ensuring all committed timings and budgets are met.
- Process management and adherence. This is the most important attribute of an account person and includes the ability to trust that no balls are dropped, deadlines are met and the quality of output is of a high standard.
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of client accounts and the delivery of best-practice marketing. You’ll be required to monitor and analyse campaign activity, report on results against KPIs, industry-relevant trends and competitor activity to ensure our work delivers the intended impact.
- Working closely with the internal marketing and creative teams to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of our campaigns and communication.
- Planning and mitigating potential issues before they occur. You’ll have greater visibility and input into overall account planning and not be limited to project deliverables.
- Understanding client requirements, writing highly polished and robust briefs, critiquing, and feeding back on work. Having a proactive understanding of clients’ business and competitive marketplace, carrying out desk research and facilitating brainstorms/meetings.
- Being the key point of contact for the client. Managing client expectations rather than agreeing to unrealistic requests. Managing up and down. Being consistent, but adaptable.
- Being a role model for the junior members of the team. This includes the management and development of Account Executives within your line and setting servicing benchmarks for your junior peers to aspire to.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with colleagues and clients, being personable, adaptable, polite but firm, being able to challenge without offending and showing respect for everyone you work with.
As well as having 4+ years’ experience in a similar agency role, our ideal candidate requirements are:
- A highly motivated, proactive and commercially driven self-starter able to maximise profitability on all jobs.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time and to a high standard.
- A solid communicator, both written and verbal - we have a phone or face-to-face approach first, email second.
- Able to confidently engage with people of all levels and maintain cohesiveness between your team, the wider agency, suppliers and clients, in order to help support and produce great work.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence others and sell ideas and proposals.
- Able to articulate thinking and pass on instructions and feedback accordingly.
- A champion of internal process, able to interrogate briefs, critique and feed back on work.
- Appreciates that what you put in directly affects the end result.
- Able to work well under pressure – you’ll be coming into a busy role and we have no plans to slow down.
- Able to work with different levels, personality types and ways of working.
- Understanding of finance terminology. Financial management, adherence to process and controls, job costing, supplier POs, profitability and time management and reporting. Identifying improvements and opportunities for growth.
- A supportive mentor, one who listens and coaches junior members of staff to the right answer.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in all areas of marketing and campaign delivery.
- Awareness of the latest trends across media and digital platforms.
As well as the standard benefits you’d expect – 25 days paid holiday, pension scheme and a Christmas party – we also offer:
- Company bonus scheme – if BWP does well, so do you.
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Company wellbeing programme – employee wellbeing is high on our agenda.
- Thirsty Thursdays and monthly socials arranged by our social committee - we like to work hard and play hard.
- A culture of appreciation, reward and recognition – with monthly and quarterly awards.
- Recommend a friend and New Business Incentive programmes.
BWP is an award-winning, integrated creative marketing agency, delivering brand communication strategies that focus on growing the retail businesses we work with. Our diverse team of marketing specialists provide strategic marketing and brand development, PR, digital, experiential and creative solutions for our clients including; IKEA, Trafford Centre, ASUS, Polaroid, STABILO, Kärcher, Laura Ashley, Fresh ‘n Rebel, Sorbon Estates, Portus Retail, CBRE Global Investors and Tristan Capital to name just a few.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a covering letter and CV to our Talent Manager, [email protected].
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start as soon as possible; therefore, applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.